Tuesday 8 April 2014

CHIA PUDDING

I'm all for chia seeds, in fact I stir those little seeds into smoothies, casseroles and anywhere else I can think of.  One thing I'd been meaning to try is chia puddings (pudding probably isn't the best word as I eat them for breakfast) so I bought one of those little chia pots from the supermarket after checking for additives and added sugars and promptly decided that I would be making my own from now on.  The chia pots were okay (just okay) and at $3.75 a pop there was no way I was buying any more.



CHIA PUDDING IN A JAR (makes 2 jars)
1 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons chia
2 teaspoons rice malt syrup
vanilla extract to taste

Divide all ingredients into two small mason jars, lid on and shake.
Place in fridge overnight for chia seeds to swell.
Enjoy.

Believe me these little jars will fill you right up until lunch and they are delicious!  You can add fruit on top if you like but at the moment I am off fructose for a few weeks so I eat mine as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue