Friday 19 April 2013

VICTIMS OF SUMMER

I didn't want to post these photos.  I can't quite believe what happened this year to our trees that were over 3 years old, I mean I watered them a little bit but other years I watered the same amount and yet they turned their toes up very quickly and I'm now left with a bare yard.

I lost 6 out of our 8 Pittosporums from our driveway.
 
 
Our Snow In Summer broke off in a particularly strong hot wind.
 


This Lillypilly is thinking very hard about giving up the ghost.

My male Kiwi is as dead as a doornail and my Golden Delicious/Granny Smith aborted most of it's fruit!

It's not a happy time in our yard I can tell you.  I took these photos last week and am slowly digging out the dead and re-conditioning the soil.  I don't even want to think about re-planting until we've have lots of decent rain.





1 comment:

  1. It is sad about your trees Sue. I can sympathise..my agapanthas up the drive & in front garden which normally flower abundantly each year have just been little clumps of brown leaves with hardly any flowers.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue