Friday 24 August 2012

CLEAN EATING vs PALEO

Oh my I've been so busy finding out what my ideal 'diet' should look like that I've forgotten to post anything.

Lets start with clean eating and what I think that should include:

whole grains
beans/legumes
eggs - free range from our chickens
vegetables - raw & cooked
fruit
nuts & seeds
white meat - free range
dairy - preferably raw
honey

Where possible, organic for all of the above.

What clean eating does not include:

sugar
preservatives
colourings
basically anything in the centre of a supermarket or in a package.

I've researched the Paleo (caveman diet) but while I will use their recipes, this 'diet' is not for me.  Paleo cuts out all grains and dairy, I feel these foods are important for my overall health.  A key focus to Paleo is red meat which is something I don't eat, I rarely eat white meat only when it's free range, organic or Darren has caught fish.

I have found a couple of really good free ebooks for my Kindle and I am now busy bookmarking recipes to try out. (stay tuned)

Clean eating makes sense to me, something we all should consider.

1 comment:

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue