Saturday 11 August 2012

FRUIT & VEG SWAP

It's cold out today and there wasn't a lot of people at the swap but still plenty of produce.


I cut up the last of our pumpkins and took 5 big chunks to the swap as well as 3 dozen eggs and a couple of herb bunches.

I came home with quite a variety.


small sugarloaf cabbage
1/2 red cabbage
walnuts
rhubarb
kale
jerusalem artichokes
potatoes
turnips
parsnips

...and to plant...
flat leaf parsley
cluster onions
7 year beans + tubers (very excited about these)

After the swap, I caught up with Sandra from Down To Earth and Claire for a chat and a cuppa.  what a lovely way to spend a wintery morning
I will be spending some time today pressure cooking up casseroles to use up the root vegetables.

What will you be doing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue