Tuesday 8 May 2012

8th MAY

The extra baking didn't happen yesterday so I made up for it today by baking 2 things.
Bread from scratch.


I make bread regularly but have never been truely happy with the texture of the bread made from pre-mixes in the breadmaker. Today I made it from scratch using Rhonda's recipe in Down To Earth. I used the breadmaker on the dough cycle to knead and rise the dough then I gave it a quick knead, let it rise again for about 10 minutes then baked it in the oven. YUMMO!!!!!! Everyone in the family is impressed and a lot happier with this bread.


I will practice the white loaf for a few more days then I would like to start baking lovely grainy loaves as that is what we are used to eating.

Honey Cookies from Mel @ One Crafty Mumma (sorry linking isn't working atm)


Delicious!!!! I will be making these again tomorrow for the kids. Thanks Mel for this recipe, I'm looking for some different snacks that don't have eggs in them as the chooks are having a little rest from laying these last couple of weeks.

To finish off this post I will leave you with a photo of sheets blowing in the wind on our line. This was a rare warm Autumn day and I wanted to make the most of it.

2 comments:

  1. I've sworn by this method for years Sue, I actually have the yeast proving for the second batch once the timer is down to the last ten minutes on the first batch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda's bread recipe is definitely a good one. I have never had much luck with pre-mixes - always stodgy and no good the following day.
    I haven't made a loaf with Rhonda's recipe yet but bread rolls are fantastic!
    Your loaf looks huge! I am enjoying all your home cooking - I bet your kids are too!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue