Thursday 12 January 2012

DAILY HOUSEHOLD RHYTHM

While organising my weekly housework routine I decided to take a leaf out of Heather's book over at Beauty That Moves and make up a daily household rhythm for myself. This of course is not set in stone as for example, every second Wednesday I grocery shop and pay bills, it's just a guideline for myself to get into rhythm.

My rhythm will change over time and I will update accordingly, for now this is what I need, a gentle reminder through the day of what I could be doing.

Other lists that help me every day are my housework routine and my menu plan.

My Household rhythm lives on the back of our pantry door, the housework routine in a folder in the kitchen and my menu plan, on the fridge.

This is how I stay focused and organised, how do you sort out your routine?

3 comments:

  1. If I write it down I do it, if I don't I skip some things. I too am inspired by Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time of year, I pretty much have a good routine with household chores. But summer--I have to write everything down that needs doing because the garden takes over. I lose HOURS out there, puttering in the soil, listening to the birds, watching the hummingbirds and butterflies. If I don't have a schedule, I'd get nothing done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because I work each day, I do laundry daily, change beds Saturdays, shop daily (Bad, I know), tidy daily (pick up, put away - story of my life!), pay bills on Wednesday,because I work I have a cleaner who does bathrooms top to bottom, vacuums and mops on Friday (lucky, I know!), purge all rubbish/recycling/newspapers on Thursday mornings for garbage pickup. I guess the workload is getting less, we are one child down and about to be 'empty nesters' so there will be less to do. One bathroom will not get used, two beds won't be slept in.
    I guess I have a rythm, I just hadn't thought of it.

    I love Heather's blog - her photography is great and she seems to have such an un-rushed life.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue