Saturday 27 August 2011

YOGA

I have turned to yoga at different times in my life, be it taking classes, learning from books and DVD's at home and becoming a Les Mills Body Balance instructor.

I have many things that occupy my time but the one thing that is constant in my life is health and well being. I need to nurture my body and soul and yoga makes me feel calm yet energised, happy and confident.

There is so much to learn, it's not just about the poses as some may think, I have been considering taking on a preparatory teaching certificate for a while now, not neccessarily to teach yoga but for my own personal interest and growth.

Today I decided to start my mornings like I used too, with yoga. The sequence I used is from an edition of Australian Yoga Journal.

1. Urdhva Hastasana (Upward Salute)
2. Uttanasana (Stranding Forward Bend)
3. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog Pose)
4. Adho Mukha Svanasana, variation (Three-Legged Dog Pose with hip open)
5. Anjaneyasana (Low Lunge)

These 5 poses awaken your body. Upward Salute stretches the front body, forward bending brings blood to the brain and Downward Dog enlivens your limbs and spine. The three-legged Dog stretches the hips and Low Lunge opens the heart.

I repeat this sequence 3 times, following with Sun Salutations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue