Friday 4 March 2011

CHEESEMAKING


I finally get to try my hand at cheesemaking. I figured that since Darren bought a bigger boat (more on that later) then I would buy a couple of things that would help me out in the kitchen. This cheese kit and equipment is one of those things, I'm so excited and can't wait to begin but unfortunately we have a huge weekend ahead of us with cricket so I won't be making any cheese until Monday.

I decided to buy the soft cheese kit first up to get used to the process but what I really want to make lots of are hard cheeses. This is going to be quite a journey and I have a lot to learn but I am really looking forward to eating wonderful home-made cheese with heaps of flavour.

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about this too -- it's up in our local home brew shop -- do let us know how you go.

    Rah rah for my cricket team! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen these kits before. I will be interested to see how yours turns out. Oh, how I looooove cheese!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to do this for a long time now. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue