Saturday 24 October 2009

WHAT A GOOD DAY

First up I received an email from a friend who asked me to come along to a meeting for a group that was about to be formed about gardening and sustainable living. It was great to meet like minded people and we will be meeting at each other's homes once a month and maybe help out with a project they may have going on.

In other news, the sun was shining and it was time to finally build the chook yard, I will be clearing out the shed tomorrow and then I just have to wait for my chook lady to get back to me so I can get my babies.

I did some planting this afternoon, I put in jap pumpkin, zucchini, basil and capsicum. I'm in need of my other 3 round raised beds now, come on Darren, move your butt!! LOL.

I also shifted my compost bin as it would be in the chook yard if I left it where it was and we worked out a better system for the berries. Hoefully they will like where they are now and will produce lots of fruit.

I'm making soap tomorrow, that should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments and do try my hardest to comment back, sometimes though, life gets in the way.
xxxSue